:: Re: [DNG] What is a user-init?
Kezdőlap
Szerző: Didier Kryn
Dátum:
Címzett: dng@lists.dyne.org
Tárgy: Re: [DNG] What is a user-init?
Le 13/12/2023 à 11:27, Alexandros Prekates via Dng a écrit :
> On Wed, 13 Dec 2023 00:36:56 +0100
> Didier Kryn<kryn@???> wrote:

>     I'm curious to learn in what sense the emacs experience would be
> different, if it was provided by a permanently running emacs server
> to which users would connect through dbus? Appart from being
> complicated and fragile.
> I agree. "The very existence of /usr/bin/emacs *is* a great service
> provided to the user".
>
> I try to frame the discussion in the Desktop User workFlow setup ,
> Management and supervision (DUFM) umbrella term.

    Alexandros,

    I use to not read when its too long and when I find no concern;
therefore I may have missed the practical utility of your questionning.
However, when asked directly, you still failed to tell it. I personnaly
don't give a dam of this DUFM contraption and theories about it. I just
want computers to provide the services I need or like. I mean services
in a very general acception, like the bare existence of an application
like Emacs. And have control on it all.

    I like very much Emacs and I know it can do much more than I use it
f.or. I know some people are extremely fan of it, even to the point of
doing all their computing activity from within it. However I would never
have imagined they developped such a thing as an /emacs server/! I write
a /thing/; I couldn't possibly name this an /utility/.

--     Didier