:: Re: [DNG] What is a user-init?
Pàgina inicial
Autor: Steve Litt
A: dng
Assumpte: Re: [DNG] What is a user-init?
Hendrik Boom said on Mon, 11 Dec 2023 20:08:17 -0500

>It's not a bad idea to have publicly available services belonging to
>specific users. That way their potential for damage is limited
>to that user's permissions.

The requirement to have daemons run by users other than root is already
handled by runit's and s6's chpst commands, so there's no need to run a
user specific supervisor simply to run as a different user and/or group.

I'm beginning to think this entire thread is based on an inability to
phrase questions correctly:

https://catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html

SteveT

Steve Litt