:: Re: [DNG] What is a user-init?
Top Pagina
Auteur: Steve Litt
Aan: dng
Onderwerp: Re: [DNG] What is a user-init?
Alexandros Prekates via Dng said on Sun, 10 Dec 2023 22:31:31 +0000

>On Sun, 10 Dec 2023 02:22:42 -0500
>Steve Litt <slitt@???> wrote:
>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> I never heard the phrase "user-init" before the emacs daemon thread.
>>
>> 1) What is the definition of a user-init?
>>
>> 2) What requirements must a user-init fulfill to be acceptable?
>
>If we accept the posibillity that a user would want to start

[snip wall of text I can't begin to parse or understand]

If a user needs to start a per-user daemon, it can be started from
either .bashrc or from .xinitrc or whatever is the .xinitrc equivalent
for desktop managers or whatever xdm, lxdm and the like are called,
which I believe is .Xdefaults , depending on whether it should require
CLI or GUI. I'm pretty sure you could launch a user specific instance
of the process supervisor of runit s6 or daemontools-encore, from either
.xinitrc or .bashrc, if you want. And it would be a fairly easy
task to rig that startup so it wouldn't start up a second instance of
runit, s6 or daemontools-encore.

This is the beauty of simplicity: It can be adapted to a huge number of
situations.

SteveT

Steve Litt

http://www.troubleshooters.com/rl21