:: Re: [DNG] What is a user-init?
Top Pagina
Auteur: Didier Kryn
Aan: dng
Onderwerp: Re: [DNG] What is a user-init?
Le 11/12/2023 à 21:15, Alexandros Prekates via Dng a écrit :
> I think an admin should not run services for himself.

    System-wide priviledged systems don't run for the admin; they run
for all users. All users need them, but only the admin is allowed to
manage them, for security reasons. Can you understand the difference?
Any application which is responding to a user can be, strictly speaking,
considered a server. In that sense, an interactive shell is a server,
and every user, including the admin can run an interactive shell for
(her|him)self.

    I got the impression you are trying to address the somewhat complex
question of service supervision, while you have a poor idea of the way
an OS works, to begin with.

    Are you asking theoretical questions or are you addressing a real
problem?

--     Didier