:: Re: [DNG] (runit) Can emacs daemon…
Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Alexandros Prekates
A: dng
Asunto: Re: [DNG] (runit) Can emacs daemon become a user service ?
On Sun, 10 Dec 2023 08:54:52 +0100
tito via Dng <dng@???> wrote:

> > So if init is userFoo's init then how Linux is multiuser ?
>
> ...in that more than one user could use it simultaneously to
> a certain extent?

So can a user initiates daemon like processes ? If yes
then is there a need for init them in a proper way and even
supervise them ? When a user executes a programs in a way executes
a user init in his mind aligned with her workflow.

In what way a webserver is different from
a desktop notification area dbus service waiting for messages
from desktop apps ? Does that need supervision ? What if it
fails ? Or automated supervision is not a trivial thing
to bother with apps wanting to tell smth to the notification area?
Or its more practical . Those things dont fail so much or they
fail so much :-) for various reasons.. that again why bother?

So we have a dbus that allows desktop elements or apps to
communicate each other allowing them to exhibit a server
like behavior but they are unsupevised or systemd levering
dbus supervises them in which case we do have in sense
a Ligthweight User Init Supervisor (LUIS) but hidden inside
systemd ?

Alexandros