:: Re: [DNG] Preparation of the networ…
Pàgina inicial
Autor: Lars Noodén
A: dng
Assumpte: Re: [DNG] Preparation of the network interface for Wake-On-Lan?
On 12/10/23 01:05, Ralph Ronnquist wrote:
> [...] but I would go to "ethtool" to begin with. Its man page talks
> about Wake-on-LAN options.

Thanks, Raplph and Lehel. The interface seems to support WOL, but
either it or the router side or both power down when the rest of the
hardware is off. Here's what I have so far:

$ doas ethtool -s eth0 wol g

$ doas ethtool eth0
Settings for eth0:
    Supported ports: [ TP     MII ]
    Supported link modes:   10baseT/Half 10baseT/Full
                            100baseT/Half 100baseT/Full
    Supported pause frame use: Symmetric Receive-only
    Supports auto-negotiation: Yes
    Supported FEC modes: Not reported
    Advertised link modes:  10baseT/Half 10baseT/Full
                            100baseT/Half 100baseT/Full
    Advertised pause frame use: Symmetric Receive-only
    Advertised auto-negotiation: Yes
    Advertised FEC modes: Not reported
    Link partner advertised link modes:  10baseT/Half 10baseT/Full
                                         100baseT/Half 100baseT/Full
    Link partner advertised pause frame use: Symmetric Receive-only
    Link partner advertised auto-negotiation: Yes
    Link partner advertised FEC modes: Not reported
    Speed: 100Mb/s
    Duplex: Full
    Auto-negotiation: on
    Port: Twisted Pair
    PHYAD: 0
    Transceiver: external
    MDI-X: Unknown
    Supports Wake-on: pumbg
    Wake-on: g
    Link detected: yes

And that has been made persistent across reboots:

$ grep -A1 eth0 /etc/network/interfaces
auto eth0
iface eth0 inet dhcp
    ethernet-wol g

When I power that machine down, the network interface on the router
shows "No Carrier" for that cable, so WOL does not work from either the
router or or the other systems on the same LAN.

I'll try some more experimentation.

/Lars