:: Re: [DNG] vdev status update in dae…
Pàgina inicial
Autor: aitor
A: dng
Assumpte: Re: [DNG] vdev status update in daedalus
Hi,

On 4/12/23 0:25, Joel Roth via Dng wrote:
> Awesome news! Thanks for working on this udev alternative
> for Devuan and other distros.

There is a bug if the device is named as `sdf`. Partitions sdfN aren't listed by gvfs because, for some unknown reason,
the file `properties` is missing in all the directories /dev/metadata/dev/sdfN. However, every device sdh, sdi... attached
thereafter does appear in the list. The bug always occurs with the fifth attached device `sdf`.

You can see the bug in the video linked below. On the left-hand edge of the video, thunar's volume manager. On the right,
Didier's hopman that doesn't depend on gvfs/udisks. The latter lists the device sdf, but thunar does not. You can also see
in the video the missing `properties` in /dev/metadata/dev/sdf*:

http://packages.gnuinos.org/vdev/vdev_udisks.mkv

As I announced some days ago, there is a vdev repo for devuan (recently updated):

    debhttp://packages.gnuinos.org/vdev  daedalus main

You can download the package `gnuinos-keyring` directly from packages.gnuinos.org. I recommend to test vdev with sysvinit.
Runit requires some tweaks.

Like final note, if you restore eudev you don't need to restore libeudev because libudev-compat should work for both vdev and eudev.

Tested in a fresh install of devuan vanilla with sysvinit and xfce (netinst iso image). But, please..., be cautious :)

Thanks,

Aitor.