:: Re: [DNG] Debian maintainers delibe…
Página Inicial
Autor: sawbona
Para: Dng
Assunto: Re: [DNG] Debian maintainers deliberately breaks unmerged systems: Was: Re: bug#813:...
On 5 Dec 2023 at 16:06, Mark Hindley wrote:

> ... depspite the specifc package issues, we have to
> decide how to handle it for the whole project.

Indeed ...

On Tue, Dec 05, 2023 at 04:31:39PM +0100, Svante Signell wrote:

> > ... hidden by a recommendation to install usrmerge ...

Many years ago, someone with a lot of life lived told me that one has
to learn (as early in life as possible) to choose which battles to
fight because a lost/unfought battle does not mean the war is lost.

It took me more than a few futile/unnecessary battles to understand
his words and 40+ years later I often wish I had grasped their
meaning the very instant he pronounced them.

Today, Devuan is under siege and the projects very survival is at
stake.

>From where I stand, this /usr merge is nothing but a distraction.

ie: a futile and unnecesary battle not even worth considering.

While each of the the pro/con arguments may be valid, the truth is
tthat the battle for survival will be won *only* if the Devuan
project can effectively and efficiently dodge the systemd / lack of
Debian sysvinit scripts bullets.

All this is getting so old ...

A.

When evuan loses all the packages it needs to the lack of sysvinit
scripts, the /USR merge won't matter.

The project will be dead in the water.

S.