:: Re: [DNG] Sound recently stopped (S…
Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Steve Litt
A: dng
Asunto: Re: [DNG] Sound recently stopped (SOLVED)
Marc Shapiro via Dng said on Mon, 4 Dec 2023 16:18:30 -0800

>I have a related question, however.  Does sound on Firefox now work
>without pulseaudio.  Years ago, I went with pulseaudio because Firefox
>switched to requiring it for sound output.  If that is no longer the
>case, then eliminating pulseaudio becomes a really viable option.

Here's a data piece that might be helpful.

Firefox plays youtube videos on my Void DDD (Daily Driver Desktop). The
pulseaudio package isn't installed but the following are:

[*] apulse-0.1.13_2
[*] libpulseaudio-16.1_1
[*] pulseaudio-devel-16.1_1
[*] pulseaudio-utils-16.1_1
[*] pulsemixer-1.5.1_2
[*] libpulseaudio-32bit-16.1_1
[*] apulse-dbg-0.1.13_2

Nothing related to pulse is running:

ps ax | grep pulse

The preceding command yields nothing but that grep command.

HTH,

SteveT

Steve Litt

http://www.troubleshooters.com/rl21