:: Re: [DNG] Sound recently stopped (S…
Pàgina inicial
Autor: Marc Shapiro
A: dng
Assumpte: Re: [DNG] Sound recently stopped (SOLVED)

On 12/4/23 16:24, Ralph Ronnquist wrote:
> On Mon, Dec 04, 2023 at 04:18:30PM -0800, Marc Shapiro via Dng wrote:

>>> Also, I had experiences recently that Firefox completely
>>> captured the sound device while producing no sound, I had to kill and restart
>>> FF to restore sound. Or delete and restore an individual
>>> tab where the process had captured the soundcard.
>>> The FF plugin Switch to Audible Tab can be helpful.
>> The problem was not with pulseaudio, but with alsa.  The playback volume was
>> set to 0, which is why it was disabled in pulseaudio.
>>
>> I have a related question, however.  Does sound on Firefox now work without
>> pulseaudio.  Years ago, I went with pulseaudio because Firefox switched to
>> requiring it for sound output.  If that is no longer the case, then
>> eliminating pulseaudio becomes a really viable option.
> It works fine if you run it via "apulse firefox". I.e., install apulse
> and the edit the firefox startup scripts (or add scriting as needed).

Is there any configuration needed for apulse.  I tried it once before,
and it did not work.  I just tried again.  I uninstalled pulseaudio and
verified that firefox had no sound.  Then, with apulse installed I ran
'apulse firefox', but there was still no sound (at the same site as
before).  I had to reinstall pulseaudio to get sound in firefox.

Marc