:: Re: [DNG] Sound recently stopped
Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Joel Roth
A: dng
Asunto: Re: [DNG] Sound recently stopped
On Mon, Dec 04, 2023 at 01:22:31PM -0800, Marc Shapiro via Dng wrote:
> My sound has recently stopped functioning.  This seems to be all sound,
> Youtube on Firefox and Xine are both silent.
>
> I am using Pulseaudio.

For diagnostic purposes, you could try removing pulseaudio,
and seeing if you can get output from your soundcard using
ALSA.

Depending on your use habits, you might be able to manage
comfortably without PA at all.

AAUI, the main benefit of PA is centralized volume controls.
For decades the default ALSA device has performed software
mixing of multiple streams.

--
Joel Roth