:: Re: [maemo-leste] supporting binary…
Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: Jonathan Cameron
To: Philipp Jungkamp
CC: Jeff LaBundy, David Lechner, Sicelo, linux-iio, maemo-leste, Ivaylo Dimitrov, linux-input
Betreff: Re: [maemo-leste] supporting binary (near-far) proximity sensors over gpio
On Sun, 26 Nov 2023 11:59:05 +0100
Philipp Jungkamp <p.jungkamp@???> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> would it make sense to move the HID human presence driver at
> drivers/iio/light/hid-sensor-prox.c to the input system then? This
> driver only checks for the "Biometric" (0x2004b0) and "Biometric: Human
> Presence" (0x2004b1) HID usages. The former has a vendor defined value
> range, the latter is defined as a boolean switch. See the HID Usage
> Tables, section 21.1 and 21.6.

These boundaries always get messy. Given there is a value range, it
might get used for something else.

> I take from this discussion that the input subsystem would make more
> sense for the "Biometric: Human Presence" usage.

Potentially yes

> I just wanted to chime in as there seems to be some older precedent for
> a binary sensor in the iio subsystem. I tried to get that sensor
> working for the proximity sensor on my laptop last year.

I guess this one landed because it looked much like the hid light sensors
and no one raised the question at the time (that I recall).

Probably not worth moving it, but we may well have suggested putting
it in input if we'd noticed at the time!

Jonathan