:: Re: [DNG] Sysvinit script doesn't t…
Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: aitor
A: dng
Asunto: Re: [DNG] Sysvinit script doesn't trigger on boot
Hi,

On 1/12/23 16:29, Joel Roth via Dng wrote:
> The 'S' in Default-Start refers to single-user mode, does it
> not? I vaguely remember single-user mode being synonymous
> with run-level 2, but read here that single-user mode is
> run-level 1.

If you run the command `runlevel` (available also in runit) during the multi-user session, it'll
throw:

$ runlevel
N 2

This corresponds to run-level 2. Whereas in the single-user mode the command throws "unknown".
And this corresponds to run-level 1. On the other hand, early in the boot within the initrd,
you would get an empty output. Whenever the command `runlevel` exists in the initrd, of course.

Cheers,

Aitor.