:: Re: [DNG] My thoughts on usr merge
Página Inicial
Autor: Steve Litt
Para: dng
Novos Tópicos: [DNG] No disk booty driver Re: My thoughts on usr merge
Assunto: Re: [DNG] My thoughts on usr merge
Marc Shapiro via Dng said on Wed, 29 Nov 2023 22:08:49 -0800

>On 11/28/23 22:05, Steve Litt wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> First of all, I don't like the idea of usr merge. It necessitates an
>> initramfs if /usr is mounted instead of just being off the root of
>> the root drive. And the old way was working: Why mess with success?
>
>Are you saying that as long as the system is booting using an
>initramfs, which mine does since it usesa stock kernel, that having a
>separate partition for /usr will not be an issue, even after all of
>this usr-merge garbage goes into effect?

The opposite. I'm saying that a merged system MUST HAVE an initramfs in
order to correctly boot, unless the kernel has the driver for your boot
disk compiled in.

SteveT

Steve Litt

http://www.troubleshooters.com/rl21