:: Re: [DNG] Thoughts and infos on unm…
Página Inicial
Autor: sawbona
Para: Dng
Assunto: Re: [DNG] Thoughts and infos on unmerged layout
Hello:

On 29 Nov 2023 at 15:29, tito via Dng wrote:

> I fully agree, let's stick with sysvinit until things are sorted out ...

Very well.

That makes two of us.

Now ...
Let's see just *how many* people here at dng, devuan-dev,
dev1+derivatives forums are actually willing to go along with that
*and* actually pitch in.

Meaning:

*Stop* (once and for all) screwing around with this wet dream of the
best-of-the-best multi-option init software and line up *everyone*
behind the gargantuan effort that will be needed to make sure the
most mature/most used init software (and as a direct result, Devuan
itlself) is safe from the reach of the Debian war machine.

I don't know *which* one that is, is sysvinit (?), I have no idea.
All I am absolutely certain of is that it is *not* systemd. 8^°

I am also absolutely certain that the Linux ecosystem is home to
literally tens of thousands of highly qualified and hard working
coders/developers/maintainers that could make this happen if all
their manpower is properly harnessed behind the *same* objective.

It is as old as time itself.
United we will stand / divided we will fall.

But it is a project needing a leader with groups of people to
evaluate, divide and distribute tasks, setting goals to be met.

Not a hundreds member strong commitee.

Just my 0.02.

Really don't have much more to say than that.

Best,

S.