:: Re: [DNG] Probable installer Bug
Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: wirelessduck
A: dng
Asunto: Re: [DNG] Probable installer Bug

> On 28 Nov 2023, at 10:42, Ken Dibble <ken@???> wrote:
>

> On 11/27/23 14:26, Hector Gonzalez Jaime wrote:

>> Check your /etc/apt/apt.conf and any files in /etc/apt/apt.conf.d, you have a Pre-Invoke statement like this:
>>
>> DPkg
>> {
>> Pre-Invoke { "mount /tmp -o remount,exec" };
>> Post-Invoke { "mount /tmp -o remount,noexec" };
>> };
>>
>> This is not a bug, it's a config that does not match your current partitio
>

> Thank you.
>
> It was being caused by a file named /etc/apt/apt.conf.d/50extracttemplates. This file was installed on two different machines. The two files were similar, but not identical. As noted in the original post, the /tmp partition had been moved in searching for a fix for another problem. This file was apparently installed by something which I had installed to read twitter security feeds in an RSS reader. It is my understanding that parsing dynamic webpages requires templates. So that would make sense from a naming standpoint. I am unable to find the package containing this file by using apt-file or dpkg -S, so I assume it was dynamically created by the install program, which would match with the two files being similar, but not identical. I do not name apt.conf modifications with filenames starting with numbers. My custom conf files are norecommendationsplease and nosuggestionsplease.
>
> Thanks to all who helped.
>
> Ken

You could try to grep for the file name in /var/lib/dpkg/info. This is where dpkg stores the maintainer scripts of currently installed packages. Eg. preinst, postinst, prerm, postrm scripts. The relevant package name is included in the file name.

These are run by dpkg on each package install/remove and one of these may have created that file.

Note that not every package includes maintainer scripts so it’s not guaranteed to find the problem package but it’s where I would start looking.

Tom