:: Re: [DNG] upcoming usr merge requir…
Top Pagina
Auteur: Martin Steigerwald
Aan: Devuan ML
Onderwerp: Re: [DNG] upcoming usr merge requirements
o1bigtenor via Dng - 27.11.23, 13:34:38 CET:
> Background:
> Reading about the upcoming necessity of moving to 'usr merge'.
>
> My boxen (for at least the last 12 years if not longer) I run separate
> partitions for (last number of years only this new one) /efi, /boot ,
> /root (yes I know its a redundancy but it gets the label of /root ),
> /swap, /usr. /var, and /home. (Not going into the
> reasoning for such.)
>
> Question:
> What am I supposed to do so that my system will continue to boot with
> this change to /usr merge?

"/usr" needs to be on the same filesystem as "/". It cannot be on a
separate filesystem / partition anymore.

Then you can install the package "usrmerge" to do the merge.

Do not try to switch to install "usrmerge" package before having /usr be
on filesystem for /.

That is what I know at least.

Meanwhile converted three machines by installing usrmerge package.

--
Martin