:: Re: [DNG] dmesg printout when start…
Góra strony
Autor: sawbona
Dla: Dng
Temat: Re: [DNG] dmesg printout when starting VirtualBox VM
Hello:

On 25 Nov 2023 at 23:57, Arnt Karlsen wrote:

> ...meaning Microsoft Wintendo XP with Service Pack 3?

Yes.

> ... did it work with earlier versions of VirtualBox?

Yes, as far as I can recall, it did.

As I use it (XPSP3) only every so often, just for the Blackberry.
Unfortunately, I cannot find the original *.iso image I made of the
CD and the damn thing is damaged.

> ..does it work with the latest version of Debian Sid,
> or Red Hat etc systemd based vm guests?

No idea.
I stay well away from *anything* with systemd.

I had my share of *registry class* viruses (my definition of systemd)
in the many years I did maintenance for MS OSs for a living.

> Systemd "is avare of vm hosts" and might be set up to e.g. refuse
> booting on non-systemd hosts, but that shouldn't kill
> Wintendo XP SP3 boots?

The thing is that XPSP3 boots but most times refuses to shut down.
The Blackberry programme also seems to work properly.

> I'm guessing a new bug in VirtualBox 7.0.12 r159484,

I thought about that but but discarded the idea.
You may have something there.

> I only found 2 versions of this post:
> https://forum.macrium.com/75031/viboot-cant-find-and-Virtualbox-Vers
> ion-7012-r159484-Qt5152
> https://forum.macrium.com/PrintTopic75031.aspx

I'll have a look.

There does not seen to be a readily accessible forum for VirtualBox
users and that I think you have to have an Oracle account to use the
one I found. (?)

https://forums.virtualbox.org/index.php
https://login.oracle.com/mysso/signon.jsp
https://profile.oracle.com/myprofile/account/create-account.jspx

> and your https://dev1galaxy.org ...

Yes, cross posted.
Sorry.

> ..wild ass guessing here ...
> ..does it have _any_other_ net access?

Not a chance.
The network adapter is disabled.

I'll set it to use just one CPU and see what happens.
Then I may attempt to roll back to the previous version of VBox.
Maybe there's something there.

Thanks for the input.
Much appreciated.

Best,