:: Re: [DNG] email programs (??right w…
Pàgina inicial
Autor: o1bigtenor
A: terryc
CC: dng
Assumpte: Re: [DNG] email programs (??right word??)
On Fri, Nov 24, 2023 at 5:18 AM terryc <terryc@???> wrote:

> On Thu, 23 Nov 2023 08:38:18 -0600
> o1bigtenor via Dng <dng@???> wrote:
>
> > Greetings
> >
> > Quite a number of years ago it was recommended to me that I use claws
> > to work on my emails.
> >
> > I haven't switched because I'm not sure if claws will support both
> > receiving from and sending as for a fairly large number of email
> > addresses ( think I'm close to about 10).
>
> Yes, it will do that.
> I have 12 email boxens and can receive and send from them all.

Just to confirm - - - you mean 12 different email addresses - - yes?

> > Looking for recommendations for email - - - - dunno the right word - -
> > - programs where I can read, write, send and receive emails. I have
> > been looking into setting up a domain so that I can reduce possible mz
> > googly's tentacles but although I have the domain(s) I don't have
> > either hosting nor a server setup.
>
> Register a domain.
> Obtain DNS for it.
> Set up mail server.
> Port forward on your gateway router.
> Administer.
>
> While I have 12 mail boxen, I'm only running one of my own mailserver,
> the other 11 are from independent webmail services

Do you have any recommendations for which mailserver to use?

> I don't know how to create another email posting user except by logging
> in as a another-user on a system and running a separate mailer.
>
> OTOH, I currently have over 1,000 aliases emails, so each enguiry is
> given some-bus-yymm@???.
> The catch is you wo

It appears like you response was/is truncated - - - would you please
either complete your thoughts or send what was somehow missed.

TIA