:: Re: [DNG] email programs (??right w…
Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Arnt Karlsen
A: dng
Asunto: Re: [DNG] email programs (??right word??)
On Thu, 23 Nov 2023 19:10:10 +0100, Arnt wrote in message
<20231123191010.18d7abad@dvn>:

> On Thu, 23 Nov 2023 08:38:18 -0600, o1bigtenor wrote in message
> <CAPpdf59VwZBsRBZDYrLimCvw0cHRVaM2mJ+VPYVe1_iUjSEeig@???>:
>
> > Greetings
> >
> > Quite a number of years ago it was recommended to me that I use
> > claws to work on my emails.
> >
> > I haven't switched because I'm not sure if claws will support both
> > receiving from

..er, I did miss this, yes, it can do that, and you've done enough
emailing to learn why you don't want that mess. It can even sort
your email tree if you wanna try the email client lock-in gamble.

..if you find good old fetchmail, procmail feeding your MH tree, too
old fashion, there are newer toys out there, e.g. getmail, maildrop,
and you can also feed all your email into your own database setup.
I've not tested any of these new toys.

> > and sending as for a fairly large number of email
> > addresses ( think I'm close to about 10).
>
> ..thanks for the remainder to remove 3 retired email addresses
> off my claws client setup. ;o)
>

> > Looking for recommendations for email - - - - dunno the right word
> > - -
> > - programs where I can read, write, send and receive emails.
>
> ..email client.
>
> > I have been looking into setting up a domain so that I can reduce
> > possible mz googly's tentacles but although I have the domain(s) I
> > don't have either hosting nor a server setup.
>
> ..me, I use good old fetchmail, procmail to feed my MH tree,
> and read some of them in claws, then respond to e.g. this
> straight off claws in the offline mode to get the offline
> warning with that nice "Override?" button every time I post
> here, as in "Boo! Did I miss anything here? Bo) ."
>
> ..go easy on adding add-ons, you probably don't want them all,
> some of them will slow down claws quite a bit, IME.

Scenarios always come in sets of three: