:: Re: [DNG] Latest network-manager 1.…
Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Steve Litt
A: dng
Asunto: Re: [DNG] Latest network-manager 1.44.2-5devuan1 wants to remove isc-dhcp-client
al3xu5 via Dng said on Wed, 22 Nov 2023 18:34:41 +0100

>Wed, 22 Nov 2023 17:25:08 +0100 - Didier Kryn <kryn@???>:
>
>> > [...]
>
>> ... I'd better like to have an application which provides DHCP
>> client service and nothing else... do one thing and do it well.
>
>Indeed.
>
>I have DHCP on my router (Drytek Vigor 2135) serving my little LAN.
>On my primary workstation I have isc-dhcp-client,

Why not just hard code your IP address on your primary workstation,
which I assume stays in one place connected to one router or wifi?

>plus Unbound as local
>recursive caching DNS resolver

Yayyyyyyyyyyy!!!! Spectacular! This is the way to do DNS in the 21st
century.

(not authoritative).

Not autoritative outside your LAN, but inside your LAN you can assign
DNS records, for servers on your LAN, available to anybody on your LAN.

>Please, help me to move to the right direction:

I think you're already where you need to be, except for hardcoding your
primary workstation's IP address.

>- could dhcpcd (dhcpcd-base package) be the ideal substitue replacing
>isc-dhcp-client?
>
>- if yes: there is something to consider to set it up well in this
> situation?
>
>- if no: which other client would be convenient to use instead of
> sc-dhcp-client?
>
>Thanks in advance for advices

I'm missing something. What's wrong with your isc-dhcp-client? What
don't you like about it?

I have no problem with dhcpcd on my laptops, but in all fairness my
laptops use Void Linux so my experience might not be relevant. But come
to think of it, I'm pretty sure I've had success with dhcpcd on Debian,
Ubuntu, Mandriva and Mandrake. I don't remember for sure, but I think
in 2007 I was using dhcpcd or something like it on my OpenBSD
travelling laptop.

I applaud your setup. If you ever want to discuss a keyboard-friendly,
lightning fast, ultra light user interface that will work on Devuan (it
worked on Debian), please let me know.

SteveT

Steve Litt

http://www.troubleshooters.com/rl21