:: Re: [DNG] Latest network-manager 1.…
Pàgina inicial
Autor: Didier Kryn
A: DNG
Assumpte: Re: [DNG] Latest network-manager 1.44.2-5devuan1 wants to remove isc-dhcp-client
Le 22/11/2023 à 10:33, Martin Steigerwald a écrit :
> Rob via Dng - 22.11.23, 01:46:57 CET:
>> Does the new network-manager include this functionality or does another
>> dhcp client need to be installed. I understand isc.org are
>> end-of-life'ing the client software.
> Network Manager contains a DHCP client since quite a while. I never tried
> it before, but thanks to the hint on the list on why apt would like to
> remove Network Manager with a full upgrade, I just removed isc-dhcp-client
> and still got working DHCP, even after a reboot.
>
> So seems Network Manager automatically switches to internal DHCP in that
> case.

    I came to dislike NM long ago, probably because it didn't exclude
ifupdown and was constantly in its way. Later I discovered it was a
creation of LP and I disliked it even  more. I'd like to stay with
ifupdown. I'd better like to have an application which provides DHCP
client service and nothing else... do one thing and do it well.

--     Didier