:: [devuan-dev] bug#804: marked as don…
Página Inicial
Autor: Devuan bug Tracking System
Para: Mark Hindley
Assunto: [devuan-dev] bug#804: marked as done (init: should depend on openrc)
Your message dated Wed, 22 Nov 2023 10:26:59 +0000
with message-id <ZV3Xc42GImrw4Boc@???>
and subject line Re: bug#804: init: should depend on openrc
has caused the Devuan bug report #804,
regarding init: should depend on openrc
to be marked as done.

This means that you claim that the problem has been dealt with.
If this is not the case it is now your responsibility to reopen the
bug report if necessary, and/or fix the problem forthwith.

(NB: If you are a system administrator and have no idea what this
message is talking about, this may indicate a serious mail system
misconfiguration somewhere. Please contact owner@???
immediately.)

--
804: https://bugs.devuan.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=804
Devuan Bug Tracking System

Dear Maintainer,
The init meta package must depend on the openrc package.
The openrc package contains an implementation of PID1 - openrc-init.
I've been using openrc-init instead of sisvinit for a long time, but I can't remove sysvinit because when I remove it, runit-init is automatically installed, which I don't need either.
!! There was already message #443,
!! but it was about runit-init.
!! openrc was NOT added to the init meta package.

-- System Information:

Distributor ID:    Devuan
Release:    5
Codename:    daedalus
Architecture: x86_64
Kernel: Linux 6.1.0-13-amd64 (SMP w/6 CPU threads; PREEMPT)
Kernel taint flags: TAINT_OOT_MODULE
Locale: LANG=en_US.UTF-8, LC_CTYPE=en_US.UTF-8 (charmap=UTF-8), LANGUAGE not set
Shell: /bin/sh linked to /bin/dash
Init: OpenRC (via /run/openrc)

Versions of packages init depends on:
ii  init-system-helpers  1.65.2devuan1
ii  sysvinit-core        3.06-4devuan3

init recommends no packages.

init suggests no packages.

-- debconf-show failedLorietta,

Thanks for this.

On Wed, Nov 22, 2023 at 09:28:57AM +0000, meow wrote:
>    Package: init
>    Version: 1.65.2devuan1
>    Severity: grave
>    Justification: renders package unusableX-Debbugs-Cc:
>    lorietta2023@???
>    Dear Maintainer,
>    The init meta package must depend on the openrc package.The openrc
>    package contains an implementation of PID1 - openrc-init.

Yes, but openrc provides /sbin/openrc-init not /sbin/init. The init package
depends on packages which provide /sbin/init.

>    I've been using openrc-init instead of sisvinit for a long time,

Great

>    but I can't remove sysvinit because when I remove it, runit-init is
>    automatically installed, which I don't need either.

Try removing the init package, it has very few reverse dependencies and is
really only there to ensure a working init when bootstrapping. It is marked
important so apt may refuse to remove, but you can still remove it with dpkg

dpkg --remove init

Then you should be able to remove sysvinit-core as well.

Mark