:: [devuan-dev] bug#802: openrc: openr…
Page principale
Supprimer ce message
Répondre à ce message
Auteur: Mark Hindley
À: Lorietta, 802
Sujet: [devuan-dev] bug#802: openrc: openrc-run: to many broken options
Control: tags -1 debian

Lorietta,

On Sun, Nov 19, 2023 at 04:32:19PM +1100, Lorietta wrote:
>    Package: openrc
>    Version: 0.45.2-2
>    Severity: normal
>    Dear Maintainer,
>    When writing an init script with the openrc-run interpreter, and the
>    start-stop-daemon supervisor (used by default),
>    you cannot pass options such as 'output_log' and 'error_log',
>    because the Debian version of start-stop-daemon is incompatible with
>    the start-stop-daemon version from Gentoo.

This is by design. Having another start-stop-daemon on Debian with different
behaviour and options would create many problems.

>    I did not submit this bug to the Debian BTS because Debian has
>    officially switched to systemd
>    and I doubt that this bug report will be noticed there.

It would have been -- I maintain the openrc package in Debian.

The best I can do is offer to document this more clearly. Probably the
README.Debian would be best.

What do you think?

Mark