:: Re: [DNG] IPv6 slow on one of my Li…
Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Gregory Nowak
A: Michael S. Keller via Dng
Asunto: Re: [DNG] IPv6 slow on one of my Linux hosts
On Mon, Nov 13, 2023 at 12:51:28PM -0600, Michael S. Keller via Dng wrote:
> Hop limit                 :           64 (      0x40)
> Stateful address conf.    :          Yes
> Stateful other conf.      :          Yes
> Mobile home agent         :           No
> Router preference         :       medium
> Neighbor discovery proxy  :           No
> Router lifetime           :         1800 (0x00000708) seconds

That's quite lengthy. However, on my system I see that:

# sysctl net.ipv6.conf.all.router_solicitation_max_interval
net.ipv6.conf.all.router_solicitation_max_interval = 3600

If this is the same on the host in question, then that likely isn't
the problem.

> Reachable time            :  unspecified (0x00000000)
> Retransmit time           :  unspecified (0x00000000)
>  Source link-layer address: 48:22:54:50:90:10
>  from fe80::4a22:54ff:fe50:9010

> This appears to be the same as rdisc6 output at other times.
>
> This test was similar to my earliest tests - start netcat listening, and
> feed it a spew from /dev/zero.
>
> It stall about 9 seconds into the tcpdump capture, and doesn't recover until
> 125 seconds in.
>
> There are some TCP Spurious Retransmissions and Dup ACKs in that span, along
> with a lot of router solicitation and router advertisements

Are the periods between stalls, and the time during stalls random, or
the same lengths most of the time?

How are interfaces on this host configured, in
interfaces/interfaces.d, network manager, some other way?

Greg