:: [devuan-dev] bug#222: marked as don…
Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Devuan bug Tracking System
A: Arne Wichmann
Asunto: [devuan-dev] bug#222: marked as done (hdparm rules use DEVNAME only)
Your message dated Fri, 10 Nov 2023 20:01:39 +0100
with message-id <ZU5-E8_pkfoiunW7@???>
and subject line bug #222 closing - no info for 3 years
has caused the Devuan bug report #222,
regarding hdparm rules use DEVNAME only
to be marked as done.

This means that you claim that the problem has been dealt with.
If this is not the case it is now your responsibility to reopen the
bug report if necessary, and/or fix the problem forthwith.

(NB: If you are a system administrator and have no idea what this
message is talking about, this may indicate a serious mail system
misconfiguration somewhere. Please contact owner@???
immediately.)

--
222: https://bugs.devuan.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=222
Devuan Bug Tracking System

Lodged on behalf of @kalle-delhaye:
https://dev1galaxy.org/viewtopic.php?pid=10379#p10379

""""
One week later - I've found the (or my?) fault.

When I upgraded my server from Debian Jessie to Devuan Ascii i reused
the working settings in hdparm.conf.
But in Ascii, hdparm.conf is read by a script started by a eudev rule
and is working with /dev/sd? definitions only.
No /dev/disk/by-label, no /dev/disk/by-uuid or any other links in /dev/disk.

That's because the little eudev script reading hdparm.conf is using only
the $DEVNAME environment variable from eudev to parse the settings. And
$DEVNAME is /dev/sda, for example.

The sd? links in /dev can change for a specific disk, so I think its not
a good idea to remove the by-label or by-uuid posibilities from hdparm.conf.
As a workaround you can make your own eudev rule for partitions using
the variable $ID_FS_LABEL or $ID_FS_UUID for example.
I will try this when I find some time.
""""

Ralph.
If this is still not solved please reopen.

cu

AW
--
[...] If you don't want to be restricted, don't agree to it. If you are
coerced, comply as much as you must to protect yourself, just don't support