:: [DNG] OT: Irony
Top Pagina
Auteur: Arnt Karlsen
Aan: dng
Onderwerp: [DNG] OT: Irony
On Tue, 07 Nov 2023 22:37:47 +0100, Martin wrote in message
<4564191.cEBGB3zze1@???>:

> Arnt Karlsen - 07.11.23, 19:45:28 CET:
>
> > ..the inspiration behind SystemD is very clearly totalitarian
> > to anyone who knows a wee bit of German and Austrian history.
>
> Oh, we had and have totalitarian behavior in more countries than that.
>
> > Now, admitting it? ;oD

..indeed. :o) Norway is a fun case, the 1936 parliament election
mandate was 3 years, due to expire on January 11'th 1940. In 1938
the Storting legislated new perfectly lawful 4 year mandates, and
then "extended" their own 3 year mandates to 4, leaving Norway a
royal dictatorship pretending to be a democracy, all the way until
col. Birger Eriksen sank the Blücher on its 4'th day of operational
service in the Kriegsmarine. ;o)

Scenarios always come in sets of three: