:: [DNG] OT, USB device error -71
Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Gregory Nowak
A: dng
Asunto: [DNG] OT, USB device error -71
Hello all.

I have what seems to be a TCL MW41 cellular modem device here. This is
marketed as a wifi device, but can serve a USB client also. When I plug
it into a USB 3.1 port on a PCI bracket attached internally to the
motherboard, it works fine. When I plug it into a single on-board USB
3.1 port on the IO panel, it throws a bunch of USB -71 errors, and
when it eventually gets detected, it periodically drops back out on
the single USB port.

When I was trying to get this setup for my mother on her win10 laptop,
windows would fail to recognize it on all the laptop's USB ports. It
showed a remote RNDIS device in device manager, but didn't actually
show the ethernet interface itself. When I put a regular bus powered
USB 3.0 hub between the broadband device and the laptop, win10 picked
it up with no problem. I also tried it on my laptop booted into win10,
which only has USB 2.0 ports, and win10 picked it up just fine on all
my laptop's ports with no hub in between the laptop and device.

So, does anyone here actually know why this seems to need a hub to
function on a USB 3.1 port, but works without problems on a USB 2.0
port, hub or no? This device also has space for a micro SD card, which
isn't inserted, so while the mass storage device is detected, there is
no media there. I've posted output from /var/log/kern.log on my USB
3.1 desktop PC at:

http://www.gregn.net/hotspot_errors

If someone is able to please shine some light on this, that would be
appreciated. Else, I guess it will remain a mystery. Thanks for
reading.

Greg

--
web site: http://www.gregn.net