:: Re: [DNG] How to force permission c…
Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: Steve Litt
To: dng
Betreff: Re: [DNG] How to force permission change?
Fred said on Tue, 24 Oct 2023 09:02:56 -0700

>On 10/24/23 07:33, Rob via Dng wrote:
>>

>> Sent from ProtonMail, encrypted email based in Switzerland.

It's been 23 years since I wrote Samba Unleashed and I've forgotten
most of it, but as I remember, whatever is revealed by a Samba
connection must be on a filesystem of some kind. So forgetting Samba,
if this thing was formatted for Windows you can't give things owners or
permissions. You need something like ext4 for that. Then you can mount
the ext4 via Samba using the cifs protocol.

SteveT

Steve Litt

http://www.troubleshooters.com/rl21