:: [devuan-dev] Issue with the Availab…
Top Pagina
Auteur: Manuel rosa
Aan: devuan-dev
Onderwerp: [devuan-dev] Issue with the Availability of Release Files in the non-free-firmware Repository
Dear Devuan Maintainers,

I hope this message finds you well. I would like to share an issue I am
encountering while creating the Net Install ISOs for Peppermint OS. I am
a developer responsible for building these ISOs, and I am facing a
problem with the availability of Release files in the non-free-firmware
repository.

During the ISO creation process, various files, including those in the
dists folder for different architectures and the .deb packages stored in
the pool folder for installation use, are downloaded. However, I am
having difficulty finding the "Release" file at the following location:

http://devuan.ipacct.com/devuan/merged/dists/daedalus/non-free-firmware/binary-amd64/Release

When attempting to create the ISOs, I receive the following error:

Need to get 0 B/3177 kB of archives. After this operation, 15.4 MB of
additional disk space will be used. Download complete and in download
only mode
http://devuan.ipacct.com/devuan/merged/dists/daedalus/non-free-firmware/binary-amd64/Release:
2023-10-18 14:37:29 ERRO 404: Not Found. E: Could not download file:
http://devuan.ipacct.com/devuan/merged/dists/daedalus/non-free-firmware/binary-amd64/Release
E: An unexpected failure occurred, exiting...

I would like to note that I have tried several different mirrors, and
unfortunately, I encounter the same issue with the missing "Release"
file consistently.

This issue is affecting my ability to complete the creation of
Peppermint OS ISOs.

I kindly request that, if possible, you could investigate and rectify
this matter regarding the availability of the "Release" file in the
non-free-firmware repository. Your assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Please understand that we are aware of the complexities and challenges
that may arise in maintaining repositories, and we are extremely
grateful for the work you do to uphold Devuan and its associated
repositories.

Thank you in advance for your attention to this matter, and I look
forward to receiving a response soon.

Best regards, Manuel Rosa Peppermint OS Developer