:: [devuan-dev] Meeting notes 2023-10-…
Etusivu
Poista viesti
Vastaa
Lähettäjä: B Stack
Päiväys:
Vastaanottaja: devuan developers internal list
Aihe: [devuan-dev] Meeting notes 2023-10-12
# Devuan meet 2023-10-12 @20:30 UTC

Present: golinux, fsmithred, deltomix

## Old Business

## Old Actions

## New Business

### LeePen

#### Packaging

- ceres:
    + devuan-keyring
    + procps
    + mdadm
    + rsyslog (nocheck)

- daedalus:
    + Migrated pending -pu updates (firewalld, dbus, eudev, xserver-xorg)

### Xenguy
- There was some talk at a recent meeting about testing, or even
purging, the GNOME desktop. Just wondering if there has been any news
about this?
- golinux was contemplating an improvement to the placement of the
`if.png` logo; has this been resolved, or is it still a
work-in-progress?

  - (gl) I played with it some more and just got more confused. I no
longer have the digital tools or mental capacity to explore this in
depth. Do you have the time this weekend and would you be willing to
experiment with a fixed width of 1024 on just the content of the site
letting the header and footer go full width? I think that would fix
things. rrq's scree nshot at that width looked fine. I also noted that
the size of that image on the init page is smaller than on the index
page. Maybe we could look at that too?
    - (Xenguy) Sure, let's play the timing by ear though, as I have to
bite the bullet and really transition from my old to new laptop.  I
might well be ready by the weekend, but Mr. Murphy also has a say in
this project : -)
      - (golinux) Great! Sounds like a plan . . . I don't fully wake
up until after noon my time. Hope that works for you . . .

### DelTomix

- fsmithred and I brainstormed on some install methodologies for the
future, and also about having the official torrent updated from
metadata on the build side and initial seed from mirrors.

- Also talked about whether the next installer ISO's should be built
as-ready or related to a new point release. (build when ready for
5.0.2)

## New Actions