:: Re: [DNG] powerdns upstream has dro…
Etusivu
Poista viesti
Vastaa
Lähettäjä: Steve Litt
Päiväys:
Vastaanottaja: dng
Aihe: Re: [DNG] powerdns upstream has dropped sysvinit support
dng@??? said on Fri, 13 Oct 2023 16:49:38 +0200

>>> daemon, options to run in foreground, options to run
>>> in background, options to log, options for pidfile, run as user,
>>> run as group,
>> I think you've pretty much covered it, unless you want it to enable
>> one to create a unit file from the tito file, but that decision
>> would be political and strategic, seeing as the unit files will
>> always be available until systemd goes away.
>>
>> By the way, I'm pretty sure that if each "must start A before
>> starting B" and each "must kill C before killing D" is listed in the
>> tito file, sysvinit S and K numbers can be calculated. I think the
>> make program might be helpful in doing this.

>Why would you change the behavior of a existing init system?

I don't understand the question, or perhaps I don't understand the
context of the question.

> One piece
>of software to interpret a service file and create the correct init
>script or whatever that init system needs and covers 80% of the work
>for a packager would already be a game changer.

I'm not sure what the preceding paragraph means.

>Besides S6 is implementing dependencies if I understand the
>documentation correctly.

True, but the discussion was about having a titofile that can be
translated into several different init system init/run scripts.

Thanks,

SteveT

Steve Litt

http://www.troubleshooters.com/rl21