:: Re: [DNG] powerdns upstream has dro…
Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Adrian Zaugg
A: dng
Asunto: Re: [DNG] powerdns upstream has dropped sysvinit support
Hi Tito

In der Nachricht vom Thursday, 12 October 2023 14:37:58 CEST schrieb tito via
Dng:
> I think this way you will be always dependent upon systemd upstream
> decisions and so you are in the same position as today.
> What we need is a well designed common unified declarative
> init system service format that takes into account the needs
> of the different init systems and once it is standardized

As long as it is not clear which init system will survive or suits best, this
is the way to go. Maybe the ones that develop OpenRC, Runit, Nosh, s6, asf.
could also join the discussion: It is in their interest as well, I can
imagine.

Devuan claiming "init freedom" is the right place to start that discussion!

Regards, Adrian.