:: Re: [DNG] upgrading devuan from asc…
Pàgina inicial
Autor: wirelessduck
A: dng
Assumpte: Re: [DNG] upgrading devuan from ascii 2.1 to daedalus 5.0

> On 9 Oct 2023, at 18:40, al3xu5 via Dng <dng@???> wrote:
>
> I have a devuan ascii machine that I need to upgrade to daedalus.
>
> Which should be the best strategy?
>
> Thank in advance for your advices.
>
> Regards
> alexus

I would suggest changing your apt sources to point to http://archive.devuan.org/ if you haven’t already done so to get the latest updates to ascii at the time it was archived. Then upgrade to Devuan 3 beowulf using deb.devuan.org or your regular package mirror.

You can then upgrade to Devuan 4 chimaera and then Devuan 5 daedalus. Don’t try to skip any release in-between.

Also remember to read the release notes for each release from both Devuan and the equivalent Debian release before each upgrade.

Tom