:: [devuan-dev] Meeting notes 2023-10-…
Página Inicial
Autor: B Stack
Para: devuan developers internal list
Assunto: [devuan-dev] Meeting notes 2023-10-05
# Devuan meet 2023-10-05 @20:30 UTC

Pad is here: https://pad.dyne.org/code/#/2/code/edit/0ImKDbwBVMnVE32JdVhM59Ng/

Meet here: https://open.meet.garr.it/devuan
   * Please post notes prior to the meet.
   * Please add your name as 'Present' below when you get to the
      meet.
   * When adding a comment in someone else's notes, please
       pre-pend your name like this: (whoever) whatever . . .

Present: golinux, deltomix, rrq, fsmithred

## Old Business

## Old Actions

## New Business
### golinux
- Suggested change for www index page to keep the 'init freedom'
graphic from moving so far to the right on "fullscreen" view. These
screenshots compare the current and suggested placement. Thoughts?
- Old small screen: https://transfer.sh/ro275wsf1b/harmonious.png
- Proposal: https://transfer.sh/WHVJAD4le6/small-screen.png

- Old full screen: https://transfer.sh/LFq3Vtb7SG/nasty.png
- Proposal: https://transfer.sh/YbKgwS2CIo/full-screen.png

- New Peppermint-Devuan released: https://dev1galaxy.org/viewtopic.php?id=6045
Permission granted to add to derivatives lists. I'll put something together.
DON! on d1g and www (someone else can publish to 'live')

### LeePen

#### Packaging

- ceres:-
    + firewalld
    + network-manager

### DelTomix

#### ISO Building/releases
- Testing improvements with rrq on ISO building - specifically to do
with some remaining issues in the syslinux/iso/EFI structure. Thanks
to rrq's work, some other fixes have been incorporated, and an updated
version with better boot compatibility is expected soon. Results after
this cycle will dictate whether we will continue with the syslinux
based structure or revert to the grub structure - with the primary
criteria of;
    + Must boot with **at least** equal or better compatibility as Debian's ISOs
    + Best user experience (booting an ISO is the very first element
in most new-adopter's experience).
    + Long-term maintainability.
ref:https://dev1galaxy.org/viewtopic.php?id=5864

#### Torrent release process
- Some observations to share regarding torrent release, how it may
relate to adoption, and some ideas on improving exposure and perhaps
seed proliferation resulting from some casual private
experiments/observations - mainly related to naming appearance and
participation in lists.
consider rewriteengine for resolving different top-level namings
which has the benefit of being invisible to the mirroring but
providing a recognizable name to the torrent.

(bb|hcb) I didn't get the point in the rewrite stuff, IMHO different
torrents should have different names, unlike the current situation...

#### Developer designation for signing work
- Question if it would be appropriate to have myself listed on the
developer page, and if I should have a "Devuan" cloak on irc. The
issue came to mind when providing a test image to someone to try, and
signing SHASUM for that particular test.

## New

### rrq
- ask Xenguy to add deltomix to dev list on web site, + add pgp key to
keyring.d,o