:: Re: [DNG] Managing shared libraries
Page principale
Supprimer ce message
Répondre à ce message
Auteur: Joel Roth
À: dng
Nouveaux-sujets: [DNG] ..a solution, was: Managing shared libraries
Sujet: Re: [DNG] Managing shared libraries
On Sun, Oct 08, 2023 at 03:00:51AM +0200, Arnt Karlsen wrote:
> On Sat, 7 Oct 2023 08:29:56 -1000, Joel wrote in message
> <20231007182956.tkekgynvgmhvnxwg@sprite>:
>
> > On Sat, Oct 07, 2023 at 08:02:37PM +0300, Boian Bonev via Dng wrote:
> > > Hi,

> > > That will not work - -lreadline will use
> > > /usr/lib/ARCH/libreadline.so which is a symlink that comes from the
> > > -dev package and is always pointing to the latest version. The
> > > older versions of the shared library provide only
> > > /usr/lib/ARCH/libreadline.so.VER for not breaking old programs that
> > > were linked to an older version of the library.
> > >
> > > Manually changing the link is OK - that will not break anything.
> > >
> > > The proper way to compile against an older version is to install the
> > > respective -dev package (that will conflict with all newer/older
> > > -dev packages).
> > >
> > > A side suggestion to the OP is to check libedit or linenoise, maybe
> > > they already have some perl bindings...
> >
> > Hi Boian and others, many thanks for the informative replies,
> >
> > I've found a solution that doesn't require an older readline.
>
> .._what_ "solution that doesn't require an older readline" did you find?
>
> ..a simple pointer might be helpful to the next guy or gal searching
> this list for a solution that doesn't require an older readline.
> Prepending "Solved this way" onto the "Re: [DNG] Managing shared
> libraries" Subject: line, might also help people find your solution,
> which might be the right solution for their problen. Or not. This

I didn't think it would be interesting to folks here, but
since you ask: I was using a second library, libtermkit, to
handle some of the key mappings and the two weren't playing
together: I couldn't re-initialize readline after having
unloaded libtermkey. Instead I found I can use readline to
bind perl functions to the arrow keys. For example, to bind
$coderef (a reference to a function) to the right arrow key.

$term->add_defun($func_name, $coderef);
$term->bind_keyseq("\\e]C",$func_name)

--
Joel Roth