:: Re: [DNG] Can't ping outside of my …
Pàgina inicial
Autor: Steve Litt
A: dng
Assumpte: Re: [DNG] Can't ping outside of my network after having configured a tun tap device
Mario Marietto via Dng said on Fri, 6 Oct 2023 14:37:17 +0200

>As long as I don't have any routing rules in my home network (static or
>done by routing protocols such as OSPF or RIP), my KVM server will be
>the only host in my network that knows how to reach 192.168.20.0/24
>(because it has 192.168.20.1 itself). That means, my VMs will not be
>able to reach any other network. The simplest approach to get this to
>work is to do NAT for *outgoing* traffic. Now this kind of NAT is an
>SNAT, not a DNAT. While classic SNAT is a one-to-one-mapping,
>MASQUERADE simply means "replace every source IP with the IP on the
>outgoing interface".

I'm not sure exactly what the preceding means, but please check out
"Steve Litt's No Bullshit Guide to LAN-Peer Qemu VMs" at
http://www.troubleshooters.com/linux/qemu/nobs.htm , and see if that
helps shed light on the situation.

SteveT

Steve Litt