:: Re: [DNG] Can't ping outside of my …
Top Pagina
Auteur: Mario Marietto
Aan: Mario Marietto via Dng
Onderwerp: Re: [DNG] Can't ping outside of my network after having configured a tun tap device
As long as I don't have any routing rules in my home network (static or
done by routing protocols such as OSPF or RIP), my KVM server will be the
only host in my network that knows how to reach 192.168.20.0/24 (because it
has 192.168.20.1 itself). That means, my VMs will not be able to reach any
other network. The simplest approach to get this to work is to do NAT for
*outgoing* traffic. Now this kind of NAT is an SNAT, not a DNAT. While
classic SNAT is a one-to-one-mapping, MASQUERADE simply means "replace
every source IP with the IP on the outgoing interface".

--
Mario.