:: Re: [DNG] Can't ping outside of my …
Pàgina inicial
Autor: Gregory Nowak
A: Mario Marietto
CC: Mario Marietto via Dng
Assumpte: Re: [DNG] Can't ping outside of my network after having configured a tun tap device
On Thu, Oct 05, 2023 at 02:20:47PM +0200, Mario Marietto via Dng wrote:
> I'm trying to set up a bridge on Linux Devuan 5 (host os) with the
> goal to give the connectivity to FreeBSD 13.2,that I have virtualized
> with qemu-kvm-libvirt.

If you're trying to setup a bridge, then you're going about it the
wrong way.. You'd set that up in /etc/network/interfaces, or in a file
under /etc/network/interfaces.d where you bridge your mlan0 to your
tap0. This is more involved when using wifi, but it can be done. See
man interfaces, the bridge-utils package, and the wpasupplicant
package. You mentioned
you're using network manager. If so, then you will probably want to
dump network manager if you go this route.

> on Devuan I did :
>
> # iptables -t nat -A POSTROUTING -o mlan0 -j MASQUERADE

If you want to keep going the way you are, then I think you want the
DNAT target, not MASQUERADE.

Greg

--
web site: http://www.gregn.net