:: Re: [DNG] Managing shared libraries
Page principale
Supprimer ce message
Répondre à ce message
Auteur: Joel Roth
À: dng
Sujet: Re: [DNG] Managing shared libraries
Hi Steve,

On Wed, Oct 04, 2023 at 10:34:10AM -0400, Steve Litt wrote:
> Joel Roth via Dng said on Tue, 3 Oct 2023 15:06:01 -1000
>
> >Dear lovers and familiars of C,
> >
> >I've got a perl application using
> >an interface library for gnu readline.
> >
> >I want to trying compiling the interface library
> >against an older readline.

> Why? Why not the current readline library?

Trying to troubleshoot/resolve a compatibility problem
that has appeared with readline 8.2.

> Also, have you considered just running your Perl application as an
> argument to the rlwrap program?

rlwrap looks like an easy way to add command line
editing to a program that reads STDIN.

This is a more complicated use case where I provide
specialized autocompletion choices and intercept certain
keystrokes.

Since you asked, the problem is that the terminal now hangs
when I unload readline, use another library to process
keystrokes, then load readline again.

I've narrowed down the problem to either a change in
readline, or a change in the interface library.

Thanks for the suggestion!

Joel