:: Re: [DNG] What wireless broadband s…
Page principale
Supprimer ce message
Répondre à ce message
Auteur: dvalin
À: dng
Sujet: Re: [DNG] What wireless broadband software to use on Devuan?

On 25.09.23 00:14, onefang wrote:> After doing some actual research,
including reading the manual, this
> NetComm NF20MESH doesn't actually support getting Internet via a SIM
> card, which is what I need.  That's what the TPG thing is using at

the
> moment.

As there's only satellite NBN at my address, and that's an
oversubscribed
crock, I'll have to go with a data-only SIM and 4G. I've only started
looking,
but this has caught my
eye:https://www.officeworks.comau/shop/officeworks/p/tp-link-ac750-wireless-dual-band-4g-lte-router-mr200-tparchr200But
I have yet to establish whether it does all of Telstra's 4G LTE bands;

B28 (700 MHz), B3 (1800 MHz), and B7 (2600 MHz). I don't know what's
on the tower out there, and the local Telstra office doesn't answer
the phone.

> I have tried the NBN web site in three different browsers, and it's

"find
> out what NBN type is available at your address" fails in all of

them.

Yup, it's fine if you live in a major town or city, else you're
SOOL.If that's a Telstra site, and it's not showing satellite NBN,
that confirmswhat I was told at one of their offices; "Not recommended
for new customers."

> Time for a chat to AussieBB.

They're sending me a SIM with 28 days in which to activate, and the
first
month free. I just have to figure out if the AC750 will do the job.
It's not
the cheapest of experiments.