:: Re: [DNG] What wireless broadband s…
Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: onefang
A: dng
Asunto: Re: [DNG] What wireless broadband software to use on Devuan?
On 2023-09-24 21:00:26, dvalin@??? wrote:
>    On 24.09.23 19:25, wirelessduck--- via Dng wrote:
>    > Let me know if you plan on using AussieBB and I can send you my referral
>    code off-list for a discount.
>    With two Devuan users finding them good to deal with, and a
>    cheaper rate than Telstra, they seem my best bet by a mile.
>    On 24.09.23 19:19, onefang wrote:
>    > So far they have only screwed up two things,
>    > neither of them technical.  One was they forgot to bill me once.
>    That sounds forgivable - even if they afterwards remember.
>    I like the sound of the 4 LAN ports. Sounds pretty much like a plain
>    NBN modem/router. As was pointed out upthread, I may not have to
>    do anything fancy at all, just because it's mobile broadband.
>    Yes, moving is not just relocation, it's a mighty big dislocation. Best
>    done rarely. I've moved a lot of gubbins in the ute, but there'll still be
>    a truckload of furniture 'n stuff.
>    Thanks for the heads up about TPG. Out in the sticks, decent internet
>    is even more an essential service - usually the solar power inverters,
>    and even commercial battery stacks need to phone home regularly, or
>    the warranty voids very quickly.

After doing some actual research, including reading the manual, this
NetComm NF20MESH doesn't actually support getting Internet via a SIM
card, which is what I need. That's what the TPG thing is using at the
moment.

I have tried the NBN web site in three different browsers, and it's "find
out what NBN type is available at your address" fails in all of them.

Time for a chat to AussieBB.