:: [devuan-dev] Meeting notes 2023-09-…
Página Inicial
Autor: B Stack
Para: devuan developers internal list
Assunto: [devuan-dev] Meeting notes 2023-09-14
# Devuan meet 2023-09-14 @20:30 UTC

    - base-installer
    - xorg-server
    - udisks2
    - elogind
    - colord
- chimaera-proposed-updates
    - dbus

### plasma41

- Today, I noticed that the Daedalus server CD ISOs are larger than
what will fit on a CD (i.e. > 700 MB). I realize that even if it
wasn't oversized, the overwhelming majority of users of that
installation image would copy it to a flash drive rather than burn it
to a CD. I also realize that burning optical media is something of an
anachronism at this point and that the continued use of the ISO-9660
format for installation images is largely just due to inertia. So I
guess what I'm asking is: do we care? (For what it's worth, I'm the
guy who went through the trouble of burning all 17 ISOs for the source
code of Debian 11 onto DVDs, but I realize I'm in the minority in that
respect.)
- (gl) The derivatives tend to be minimal and meet this need. AFAIUI
it is impossible to burn a default desktop iso to a cd these days.
- (DelTomix) I think also it's worth considering the use case for
"server" is different than say netinstall or desktop.

### rrq
- (late addition) I forked syslinux so as to add a corrective patch for
syslinux.efi to make it work for isohybrid ISO booting as CDROM. The
source is at https://git.devuan.org/devuan/syslinux.git
Thanks to LeePen, the forked package is currently in Devuan's
"experimental" and installable on daedalus as well as excalibur.
It is needed for the installer-iso ISOs which use syslinux-only boot
setup (i.e. no grub).

## New Actions