:: Re: [devuan-dev] bug#793: libseat f…
Pàgina inicial
Autor: Hendrik Boom
A: devuan-dev
Assumpte: Re: [devuan-dev] bug#793: libseat fails to access logind backend
On Thu, Sep 14, 2023 at 11:03:32PM +0200, Fran Vazquez wrote:
> Hi, Mark
>

> > I had evidently forgotten this was the case and the policy is set in
> > /usr/share/polkit-1/actions/org.freedesktop.login1.policy.
>
> Evidently...
>
> > Once polkitd is installed this error goes away for me and libseat uses the
> > elogind backend correctly. I can switch VTs and on return inputs are still
> > available.
> >
> > With polkitd installed does that work for you?
>
> ¿With daedalus xserver-xorg-core? As I said, it crashes.
>
> ¿With the experimental xserver-xorg-core? As I said, when I return from console,
> I have no input.
>
> > Do you have apt install recommends disabled?
>
> Yes, and maybe it's my fault... but it's the way I like it. I have been installing
> only what I understand necessary for more than 25 years. And right now I don't
> understand that something that worked in chimaera (and that works with debian's
> bookworm xserver-xorg-core), needs me in devuan to install polkit and I don't know
> what other packages I don't see the need for.
>
> I like Xorg because is stable, and these libseat experiments do not make any
> sense to me.
>
> Close this bug if you want. It's not worth wasting our time.

Looks like a real problem to me.
I hve no desire to lose significant usability by upgrading to deadalus either.
I, and many others,, likely prefer to have recommends and suggests package installation tuned off.

> Looks like I need to look elsewhere...

Better to find out what packages are relly needed.

-- hendrik
kk