:: [devuan-dev] bug#790: The Samba pac…
Top Pagina
Auteur: Mark Hindley
Aan: Giovanni, 790
Onderwerp: [devuan-dev] bug#790: The Samba package does not apply the fixes coming from Debian.
Control: tags -1 moreinfo

Giovanni,

Thanks

On Thu, Sep 07, 2023 at 10:13:15PM +0000, Giovanni wrote:
>    Package: samba

>    Version:  2:4.17.10+dfsg-0+deb12u1

>    Init System: Runit

>    Devuan  Daedalus

>    The samba package fails to start after rebooting, the /var/run files no
>    longer exist.

DO you mean the /var/run directory doesn't exist or the samba files in the
/var/run/ directory? If the /var/run/ directory is missing, this suggests an
init problem. I notice that you are using runit. Which version?

The problem was fixed in Debian Stable but in Devuan the
>    problem persists, has the fix been applied?

>    https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=928864

This bug relates to systemd and doesn't apply in Devuan. Devuan uses the Debian
samba packages directly without recompilation. The concept of applying fixes
from Debian doesn't apply here.

Mark