:: Re: [DNG] [OT] DNS issue: SOLVED
Top Pagina
Auteur: wirelessduck
Aan: dng
Onderwerp: Re: [DNG] [OT] DNS issue: SOLVED
On 8 Sep 2023, at 18:28, Didier Kryn <kryn@???> wrote:    Hi.    The presence of a DNS server on a host on the local network is advertised or can be discovered thanks to the mDNS/DNS-SD protocol (avahi-daemon on Linux). This protocol is also implemented on Android, with the restriction that the address name must end with ".local". I had to change the name of my local server to follow this rule.    I've read that this feature and this restriction are implemented in the libc. It works with all browsers, including the Samsung's and Google, while I'm pretty sure at least Google uses DoH. But the browsers are clever enough to detect the ".local".--     DidierI haven’t used android, but some internet searching suggests ipv6 could be part of your problem.https://android.stackexchange.com/questions/151880/why-is-android-refusing-to-resolve-dns-records-pointing-to-internal-ip-addresseshttps://discourse.pi-hole.net/t/be-aware-of-androids-shady-ipv6-dns/36636/Tom