:: Re: [DNG] distribution template for…
Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: Adrian Zaugg
To: dng
Betreff: Re: [DNG] distribution template for python-apt
In der Nachricht vom Wednesday, 6 September 2023 17:30:30 CEST schrieb al3xu5
via Dng:
> Maybe also python3-distro-info is needed?

This package is installed as well.

task-cinnamon-desktop depends on cinnamon-desktop-environment
which recommends gnome-software
which depends on software-properties-gtk
which depends on python3-distro-info

task-cinnamon-desktop depends on cinnamon-desktop-environment
which depends on cinnamon-core
which depends on cinnamon
which depends on python3-distro
which depends on lsb-release
which depends on distro-info-data

---

If I change line 466 of /usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/softwareproperties/gtk/
SoftwarePropertiesGtk.py to

eol_date = datetime.datetime.now().date()

...the panel opens – I know that's non-sense but I wanted to just come over
that stacktrace. The panel then reveals that there must be other bugs in the
python-apt framework or the data provided by Devuan, I did not dig deeper to
find the cause.

I was hoping that the Gnome Software Center would work if python-apt works,
but thats neither the case. It does not show any entries in the categories
under the explore tab or let me find some software. There must be some more
problems with Gnome's "Software" in Devuan. This was a fresh installation of
daedalus btw., I don't know in chimaera since I'm on KDE Plasma normally and
not on Cinnamon.

Does the Gnome "Software" application work for anyone under Devuan here? What
GTK Package-Frontend GUI do you use instead?