:: [devuan-dev] Meeting notes 2023-08-…
Top Pagina
Auteur: B Stack
Aan: devuan developers internal list
Onderwerp: [devuan-dev] Meeting notes 2023-08-31
# Devuan meet 2023-08-31 @20:30 UTC

Present: DelTomix, setto, bb|hcb, golinux, fsmithred

Regrets: plasma41, hendrik

## Old Business

### golinux

- The upgrade instructions on www seem to be missing the preparatory
steps - apt-get update etc. to make sure that your currently installed
system is up to date before switching the sources to daedalus. I went
to check today specifically to refresh my memory of that process. I
did not dig too deeply so they may be elsewhere. I'm pretty sure that
they were in chillfan's instructions.
  - (Xenguy) For review:
https://beta.devuan.org/os/documentation/install-guides/daedalus/upgrade-to-daedalus.html
    - Specific changes:
https://git.devuan.org/devuan/www.devuan.org/commit/20aacbaf5f32a9e5743b4fb1725e3411fcbb9b12
      - (gl) Much better! Liked the added info about virtual terminals.

## Old Actions

## New Business

### rrq
- Devuan will need to get some new installer-ISO dev(s) to replace me for that.
I intend to step away from it before excalibur previews.

- granchio needs replacement. Hopefully bb|hcb finds some consecutive seconds
for that soonish.

### golinux

- We are having a problem with outlandish AI created PR reviews on
distrowatch. I have emailed jessie smith asking they be removed but no
response. If whoever is doing it is reading this . . . PLEASE STOP
NOW!

- (setto) will look with Jaromil if something can be done

### DelTomix

- I am here to introduce myself, and to meet the community, to listen
and learn more about how Devuan is managed and how I can help, and
declare my serious intention to help in whatever way I can for
whatever might help Devuan. I hope this is an appropriate place to do
so.
- (gl) Welcome aboard!

### Setto
- Do we want links to social outlets on the website's community page?
- we being with announcing the channels on the forum and take it
from there. One post for each channel.

## New Actions
- Setto will post invitations to new devuan channels on d1g forum
- DelTomix is wanting to help where needed . . . installer-isos? Maintainer?
- (DelTomix) After having reviewed technical resources definitely
both of the above.