:: [DNG] Daedalus problems: 1) boot ha…
Page principale
Supprimer ce message
Répondre à ce message
Auteur: Alessandro Vesely
À: Devuan users
Sujet: [DNG] Daedalus problems: 1) boot hangs, 2) /dev/cciss disappeared
Hi,

I just upgraded to Daedalus an old server.

Often, boot hangs. The last line displayed is something like "Freeing unused
kernel memory (initmem)". I hit ctrl-alt-del and when I'm lucky the next time
succeeds. I have no idea...

The server has with an HP SmartArray RAID disk which used to be monitored as
/dev/cciss/c0d0. Now /dev/cciss doesn't exist. Module cciss is an alias for
hpsa (I think this was that way also on chimaera). The disks actually work all
right, and cciss_vol_status reports them:

580-north:etc# cciss_vol_status /dev/sda
/dev/sdb: (Smart Array E200i) RAID 1(1+0) Volume 0 status: OK.
/dev/sda: (Smart Array E200i) RAID 1(1+0) Volume 1 status: OK.

I found no mention of cciss in the release notes. What happened?

Best
Ale