:: [devuan-dev] bug#778: cron-apt does…
Pàgina inicial
Autor: Koos van den Hout
A: Devuan Bug Tracking System
Assumpte: [devuan-dev] bug#778: cron-apt does not report repositories with GPG problems
Package: cron-apt
Version: 0.13.0
Severity: normal

(this time with the correct e-mail address)

Dear Maintainer,

I noticed the following using cron-apt: when a repository rotates its
GPG keys, cron-apt does not act on the error message about the unavailable
GPG key. This makes cron-apt not report about updates until a manual run
of apt update shows there is a problem with this repository and this is
fixed.

I expected cron-apt to report this error because this holds back updates
when the GPG key for a repository is updated.

I ran into this with the Grafana repository. There were no messages from
cron-apt, but by hand I saw the key had changed:

root@gosper:~# apt update
Get:1 https://packages.grafana.com/oss/deb stable InRelease [5,984 B]
Err:1 https://packages.grafana.com/oss/deb stable InRelease
The following signatures couldn't be verified because the public key is not av
ailable: NO_PUBKEY 963FA27710458545
Hit:2 http://deb.devuan.org/merged beowulf InRelease
Hit:3 http://deb.devuan.org/merged beowulf-security InRelease
Hit:4 http://deb.devuan.org/merged beowulf-updates InRelease
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
All packages are up to date.
W: An error occurred during the signature verification. The repository is not up
dated and the previous index files will be used. GPG error: https://packages.gra
W: Failed to fetch https://packages.grafana.com/oss/deb/dists/stable/InRelease
The following signatures couldn't be verified because the public key is not avai
lable: NO_PUBKEY 963FA27710458545
W: Some index files failed to download. They have been ignored, or old ones used
instead.

-- System Information:
Distributor ID:    Devuan
Release:    3
Codename:    beowulf
Architecture: x86_64

Kernel: Linux 4.19.0-24-amd64 (SMP w/6 CPU cores)
Locale: LANG=en_US.UTF-8, LC_CTYPE=en_US.UTF-8 (charmap=UTF-8), LANGUAGE=en_US:en (charmap=UTF-8)
Shell: /bin/sh linked to /bin/dash
Init: sysvinit (via /sbin/init)
LSM: AppArmor: enabled

Versions of packages cron-apt depends on:
ii apt 1.8.2.3

Versions of packages cron-apt recommends:
ii  cron [cron-daemon]                   3.0pl1-134+deb10u1
ii  liblockfile1                         1.14-1.1
ii  sendmail-bin [mail-transport-agent]  8.15.2-14~deb10u1

cron-apt suggests no packages.

-- Configuration Files:
/etc/cron-apt/config changed:
MAILON="upgrade"